PHP Framework is actually a platform that allows developing customized web applications by developers. However, it provides good structure, saving lots of time and avoiding dependencies. Without framework there are many difficulties will come for developers to build customized applications taking much time, spend more money, more resource required, more energy and patience also have. So overall, by using a PHP framework your work will be much easier and secured. There are many PHP frameworks available in the market and out of those I would like to say some of the powerful frameworks which are really worked and we are also using same frameworks in application development.
In 2011, Laravel was developed by Taylor Otwell and this is just like CodeIgniter but more powerful among other php frameworks. This framework is open source framework and a PHP based framework is good for Web Development and building customized web based applications. Laravel provides a strong collection of tools and good application architecture also includes various characteristics of technologies like CodeIgniter, Ruby on Rails and ASP .NET MVC with lots of secured features. That facilitates developers by saving their time while they develop any application from the scratch.
Features and Performances
- Good Routing controllers
- MVC architectural pattern and test ability and modularity
- Well configuration management
- Secured, authentication and authorization of users
- Object relational mapper(ORM) features
- Offers template engine and you can build schemas in Laravel
- E-mailing facilities available in Laravel
- Most popular PHP frameworks after CodeIgniter.
CodeIgniter come in 2006 and created by EllisLab, this is also a powerful PHP framework with a small footprint. CodeIgniter is also a MVC based framework for developing customized Web Based Applications rapidly. That provides out of the box libraries for connecting database and performing various operations for developers and this is also another open source framework available in the market. There are many features available in the CodeIgniter such as sending emails, uploading files, routing, controllers, managing sessions, etc.
Features and Performances
- Provide small footprint and the entire source code is close to 2MB.
- Light weight and users tend to favor applications that load very fast.
- Awesomebuilt-in features are designed to work independently without relying too much on other components.
- Provides MVC architectural design separates the data, business logic and presentation.
- This framework is well documented, and there are good books, tutorials and answered forum questions are easily available in internet.
- CodeIgniter is an application specific built-in components means sending email, database management, session management easily available for developers in less coding.
- It is with some libraries, so that you can do so easily by creating your libraries, helpers, packages, etc.
- If you know core PHP then you can learn CodeIgniter within a very short time.
Symfony is a MVC pattern php based framework and reusable php components, its libraries published as open source software in 2005. To install Symfony few prerequisites required like OS as you liked and PHP. Symfony basically compatible with almost every RDBMS but has low performance overheads you know.
Features and Performances
- Symfony is fast and easy for Web Application Development.This is also a high-end performance based application.
- Great deal of comfort for developers and available tools as well to resolve coding errors and security issues.
- Lead to faster and bug-free development.
- Good user-friendly and flexibility as well as popular by most of the developers.
- Symfony provides longevity by facilitating long-term maintenance and scalability.
- Great custom features and functionalities for developers with advanced OOPS service architecture.
- Offers three types of customization such as a) full stack, b) brick by brick, c) and micro framework.
- Represents itself asa bundle with unique functionality
- Easy to use and flexibility for developers and a great community support with easy of testing.
CakePHP started in 2005 and in 2009 it was re-designed in a proper way then come to the market this is also MVC pattern open-source framework for PHP development. It has good foundational structure for developers to create Web Applications Development.
Features of CakePHP:
- Open source as well as flexible licensing
- CakePHP is active and friendly community
- You can work with it from any website directory with little to no apache configuration involved into this.
- Code generation and MVC based architecture
- Fast and flexible templating as well as built-in validation
- Custom URLs and routes management, email, cookie, security, session, and request handling components.
- Localization and flexible caching and flexible ACL as well as data sanitization
Yii final released was in 2008 this is also one of the best open source MVC for php developers and this can be used for developing all kinds of web based high-end applications by using php. It’s a component-based architecture system and very sophisticating for caching support with good for large-scale applications like CMS development, web portal development, forum app development, online secured e-commerce site projects. Yii is top among other PHP frameworks as being efficient, reliable, robust and feature-rich as well as well documented. Yii has very robust features and used for Enterprise Application Development.
Features and performance of Yii
- Yii has CRUD Features and saves developer’s time, makes process very easier
- Database modification with model instances by helps to avoid complex queries.
- Relation between multiple tables like “one to one”, “one too many”, “many to one “not required like JOIN (Inner, Outer) queries of SQL.
- Easy form validation for developers within a less time
- Good support for Javas cript, AJAX and Jquery
- Inbuilt authentication and authorization and essential features provided like session, cookies and debugging and error handling.
- Yii is fast and flexible as well as theme directory inside to set template in the application.
- Great thing is API support,caching, error handling and testing and great documentation
- Highly secured from major attacks such as
- Cross site scripting called XSS
- Cross site request forgery
- Cookie attacks
Zend was released in 2006 by Zend Technologies. This is an object oriented web application framework also implemented in PHP 7. Zend also open source framework and MVC based design pattern application. Zend Framework, under the BSD license that contains a collection of PHP packages used to develop web application, CMS based application, customized application etc. It’s also very easy to learn if you have sound knowledge in core php,oops concept, loops and html finally.However Zend Technologies continuously explored to work and improving this and released a php interpreter that is known as Zend Engine.
Features and Performance of Zend
- MVC architecture
- Good user management
- Authentication and authorization
- CRUD features database access
- E-mail system and easy form validation
- Search indexing
- Caching and captcha
UXD Media is the Best Enterprise Application Development Company with vast experience in various industries by developing bespoke applications for large entrepreneurs. We do focuses on products development, rapid application development by enabling efficient business process with the help of robust and scalable enterprise software to achieve the great height in the bespoke application development.